The main purpose of a Spotify playlist downloader is to help you download music from the app for offline listening even if you don’t have a premium subscription. These tools tend to be useful since most of them can be used to download music from numerous sites, allowing you to create a playlist very easily and quickly.
But what makes a good playlist downloader? In this article, we analyze 5 of the best playlist downloaders to determine which one is the best solution.
What Makes a Good Spotify Playlist Downloader?
Before we take a look at the top 5 Spotify playlist downloaders in greater detail, we thought we’d share with you the man key features that we look for in a great playlist downloader. These features include the following;
- Running Platform
- How to Use
- An easy to use interface
- The download speed
- Quality of Downloaded Audio Files
- Support to download individual songs, albums, playlist from Spotify
- The number of music streaming sites and video sharing sites the downloader supports
- The output formats available
- Customer support and troubleshooting
With these features in mind, the following is how the top 5 Spotify Playlist downloaders compare to one another:
Overall Evaluations of the top 5 Spotify Playlist Downloaders
Musify is one of the best Music downloaders in the business. It allows users to download individual songs, playlists and albums from more than 1000 music and video sharing websites including Spotify, YouTube, SoundCloud, Facebook, Instagram and so many more. It has a very high download speed and music is downloaded in its original quality.
- It is much cheaper when compared to similar programs, even as it offers steadier and richer features.
- The program is very easy to install.
- When tested against other products, it has the fastest download speed and retains the original quality of the audio file.
- Aside from downloading songs from Spotify, it also supports a lot of other popular sites including YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud and more.
- You have to purchase the software to use it.
- The interface is a little small which makes it a little hard to manually change the settings.
Bolisoft Spotify Converter is another great Spotify Music downloader that you can use to download a song, a playlist or an album from Spotify. All songs that you download using Bolisoft will be in MP3 format and retain the original quality. You can listen to the downloaded songs on any music app and on device.
- The program is very easy to set up.
- The interface can be a little complicated to use. We particularly noticed that the Spotify app keeps popping up when you start the program, a factor that complicates and interrupts the process.
- Sometimes the download process will fail. There were times when we were unable to download even a single song.
- It only allows users to download songs from Spotify.
- Considering it only supports one download site, the price is not competitive.
NoteBurner Spotify Music Converter is another very easy to use and highly comprehensive tool that you can use. One of its major selling points is that it also comes with a music converter that allows you to convert the songs and playlists that you download to a usable format. It also allows user to export or upload the downloaded music to iTunes, OneDrive and Google Drive as required.
- The program has a pretty good download speed.
- The setup process of the program is also very fast.
- The original quality of the downloaded music is not lost.
- The interface is not very easy to use and every time you open the program, the Spotify app is launched, interrupting the process.
- It only supports Spotify.
- It is a little pricey, considering it only works for Spotify.
TunePat is one of the best tools to help you quickly convert any Spotify Songs or playlists to formats that are more compatible with the device. It is actually one of the fastest converters we’ve seen and can convert Spotify songs to a whole host of other formats including MP3, AAC, FLAC and WAV. The conversion process will also not affect the original quality of the music file in any way.
- The setup process for TunePat is very quick and easy.
- The downloaded songs or playlist don’t lose their original quality.
- You must log in to your Spotify account to use it. But when we tried to do that, Spotify notified us of suspicious activity.
- It only supports Spotify.
- It is a bit expensive as compared to other similar product.
This is an all-in-one music manger and downloader that you can use to easily download record and manage music from various music streaming sites to your device. One of the most advantageous features of this program is that it can also be used to transfer the downloaded music files between the PC or Mac and mobile devices.
- It has a very fast download speed and the quality of the downloaded files remains the same.
- It supports up to 3000 music and video streaming sites.
- You can download and record music from Spotify.
- The program will automatically start downloading a song if it can’t find it on its music library.
- We encountered a few problems trying to download some songs. The error message “we fail to analyze the source link” kept popping up.
- It is the most expensive too, on this list.
- It has a very low success-rate in identifying ID3 tags.
In-Depth Comparison with These Tools
Based on the overview of the 5 tools above, here’s how they compare to one another based on the criteria we identified above;
Each of the programs offers a unique pricing plan that ranges from $9.95 to just over $140. The most expensive of these programs is iMusic with a $39.95 for a yearly plan and $149.88 for a family plan.
- Musify: 1-month plan: $9.95, 1-year plan: $19.95, lifetime plan: $29.95, family plan: $39.95
- Bolisoft Spotify Converter: lifetime plan: $39.95
- NoteBurner Spotify Music Converter: 1-month plan: $14.95, 1-year plan: $39.95, lifetime plan: $79.95
- TunePat Spotify Converter: lifetime plan: $39.95
- iMusic: 1-year plan: $39.95, lifetime plan: $59.95, family plan: $149.88
2. Running Platform
All the tools on this list run on both Windows and Mac. They also all support all versions of both Windows and Mac.
- Musify: Windows and Mac computer
- Bolisoft Spotify Converter: Windows and Mac computer
- NoteBurner Spotify Music Converter: Windows and Mac computer
- TunePat Spotify Converter: Windows and Mac computer
- iMusic: Windows and Mac computer
3. How to Use
Most of the tools require that you download the program to your computer to use it. Musify, Bolisoft, iMusic and NoteBurner all allow you to simply paste the Spotify link into the program to download the playlist or song. With TunePat you need to sign in to Spotify to locate the song or playlist that you want to download. In addition, when we tested Bolisoft and NoteBurner, the Spotify App launched automatically several times, which may interrupt the process.
Most of the tools on this list have an easy to use interface and we found that they made the process of downloading or converting the downloaded music very easy.
5. Download Speed
We tested the download speed of each program and the results were as follows;
- Musify:It took 14.61 seconds to download a single song
- Bolisoft: There was an error code when we tried to download the same song
- NoteBurner: It took 24.39 seconds to download the same song
- TunePat: It took 34.1 seconds to download the same song
- iMusic: We kept getting an error message when we tried to download the song
6. Quality of Downloaded Audio Files
Musify, NoteBurner, and TunePat all retained the original quality of the downloaded song. Bolisoft and iMusic on the other hand seemed to alter the quality of the song although we weren’t completely certain of how the quality was altered.
7. Spotify Support
All the tools we’ve looked at above support the download of songs, playlists and albums from Spotify. NoteBurner will also allow you to download radio and podcasts from Spotify.
8. Other Sites Support
Musify supports the download of music and playlists from more than 1000 music and video streaming sites including YouTube, SoundCloud, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook and more. NoteBurner, TunePat and Bolisoft will only support the download of music from Spotify while iMusic supports the download of music from up to 3000 music download sites.
9. Output Options
All tools offer numerous output options including M4A, MP3 and WAV. The audio output quality however varies from one tool to another. Here’s a breakdown of the audio quality for each tool;
- Musify: 320kbp, 256kbps, 128kbps,64kbps
- Bolisoft: from 128 kbps to 320 kbps
- NoteBurner: 320kbps,256kbps,128kbps,192kbps
- TunePat: It doesn’t provide information about audio output quality
- iMusic: It doesn’t provide information about audio output quality
10. Customer Support
All tools on this list offer some form of technical support where you can get help for any problems you may encounter when using the program. They also all have a pretty extensive knowledgebase to answer some of the most pressing questions about how to use the program.
Since there is no point in purchasing a management and download tool that supports only Spotify when there are a lot of other music sites to choose from, why not get the best of both worlds. Of all the tools on this list Musify offers the best value for money. You can use it to download music from Spotify as well as from 1000 other sites and the quality of the downloaded audio is far superior to the other tools. It is also quite affordable as compared to the other tools.