YouTube is a platform through which to play videos, upload content to your channel, and interact with other users through likes, comments, or ‘share’. The amount of videos on the platform makes YouTube one of the primary forms of entertainment today. With a wide variety of themes: from video games to movie trailers or opinion channels, you can search and view content that you like the most. But in most instances, we want to download those videos for offline purposes.
Since YouTube requires Premium accounts to download videos (Only on Android), we have to use third-party solutions. In this article, we’ll be discussing the best ways to download YouTube videos without losing the original quality.
Comparison between YouTube Downloader Apps & Online Downloaders
- No software installation required since the website is based on a cloud platform
- Limited output formats and qualities available
- Most of them are free to use and no updates provided
YouTube downloader Apps
- Requires software to be installed in the device
- Consist of more functionalities, output formats and resolutions
- Most of them are proprietary and includes lifetime updates and customer support
1. Using iTubeGo YouTube Video Downloader
iTubeGo video downloader is a YouTube downloader that is mostly used by users to download YouTube videos. Apart from being the best YouTube downloader, it supports many other video sharing sites. It is a simple software which required to install into your device and available for both Windows and macOS. The specialty of it over the other downloaders is that the number of functionalities it provides to users. Apart from being a downloader, iTubeGo can be used as a video converter as well. Due to the presence of an in-built proxy, downloads will be much faster than your other downloaders.
- It supports 10000+ video streaming sites, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- It can be used to convert YouTube videos to MP4, M4A, MOV, MP3, etc. without losing the original quality with 20 output formats to select
- 10x Faster Download Speed compared with the other downloaders
- Provides a maximum bit rate of 320kbps MP3, 4K and 8K video downloading from streaming sites
- Update frequently and respond positively to user feedback
- YouTube playlist downloader with the ability to download any playlist with just a single click
- It supports to download various music files in different formats
Steps to download YouTube Videos:
Step 1 Once the software is properly installed, launch it. Choose your download preferences of the video or audio file.
Step 2 Copy the link of the video, and press the Paste URL button. You will see the video being downloaded. For multiple files of varying URL sites, there is a capability to do a batch download.In case the link is a YouTube playlist, you can select which among them will be included.
Step 3 Once the file download is finished, you should be able to access those files remotely.
2. Top 4 Free Online YouTube Downloader
There are other free alternatives for you to use to download YouTube videos. Although these free online tools may not hold so many features as iTubeGo YouTubeGo does, they work relatively well. Therefore, if you just want to download videos from YouTube as easy as possible, the downloaders listed below might just suit you.
|YouTube Downloader Name||Platform||Supported Formats||Supported Sources||Main Feature||Price|
|SaveFrom.net||Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iPhone devices||MP4 only||YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo||Browser based and allows unlimited HD downloads||Free|
|YouTube Video Downloader||Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iPhone devices||MP4, FLV, 3GP, WEBM, MP3, WMV||YouTube, Facebook||Allow unlimited downloads in many output formats||Free|
|BitDownloader||Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS||MP4, MP3, AVI, AAC||Support 800+ video sharing sites||High user experience with faster downloads||Free|
|Y2Mate.com||Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iPhone devices||MP4, MP3, FLV, WMV, 3GP||YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo||Compatible with majority of browsers and allow HD downloads||Free|