One of the safest audio formats to store your music files is MP3. An MP3 file can be played on just about any device using just about any music player. So, it makes sense that when you download your Spotify music, you want the songs to be in MP3 format. For that, you need a reliable Spotify to MP3 converter.
In this article, we are going to be looking at the 5 Spotify to MP3 downloaders and converters, but they all have their pros and cons, in this case, we will also introduce a paid tool at the end of the tutorial.
1. AllToMP3 (Desktop Tool)
As the name suggests, this is just one of the tools you want to choose when you want to convert Spotify songs to MP3. You will have to install the program on to your computer to use it and it supports Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems.
- It is completely free to use.
- You can download music from Spotify along with other sites like YouTube and Deezer.
- The program scours MP3 libraries online to download your song and may sometimes fail to find the song.
- There isn’t too much information about the program on its website.
2. Audacity (Desktop Tool)
Audacity is one of the most popular audio editors and converters in the business. Not only is it completely free to use, but it is also very easy to use and supports all operating systems. It is also open-source, which means it will always be free.
- It is free to use.
- It offers a wide range of audio editing features including dialogue, sound effects and trimming of music tracks.
- It is ideal for audio editing more than it is for recording.
- The quality of the sound will depend on the microphone specifications and the sound card on your computer.
- You may have to install several additional programs to use get the full range of formats. For example, if you want to export the audio file as MP3, you must install the Lame MP3 encoder.
- You have to manually click “Start” to begin recording the Spotify song and “Stop” to end the recording, a factor that can greatly alter the song.
- The user interface can be difficult for many new users.
- It doesn’t support the download of albums and playlists.
- It lacks a support team.
3. Spotify™ & Deezer™ Music Downloader (Chrome Extension)
The Spotify™ & Deezer™ Music Downloader is a free Chrome Add-in that can help you easily convert Spotify to MP3. It is very easy to use, all you have to do is install it in Google Chrome and the next time you open Spotify, you will see a download button next to the song you want to download.
- It is very easy to set up. All you have to do is search for it on the Chrome Web Store and install it.
- It is completely free to use.
- This tool doesn’t actually download Spotify songs, instead is looks for the MP3 version of the same file on MP3 libraries online. This means that sometimes you may not be able to find the song you want to download.
- You can also only use this tool to download songs one by one. You can’t download whole playlists or albums
- This tool can also alter the name of the song when downloading making it impossible to tell which song is which, especially if you download many songs
- You can also only use this tool to download songs one by one. You can’t download a whole playlists or albums
4. SpotiApp (Online Tool)
SpotiApp is another free tool that you can use to download Spotify playlists in MP3 format. It is an online tool, which means you don’t have to download it to use it.
- It is free to use and widely available online, making it easily accessible on any browser
- We couldn’t even paste the playlist link into the field provided. SpotiApp doesn’t work at all.
5. Playlist-Converter (Online Tool)
Playlist-Converter is another free online tool that you can use to download Spotify songs and playlists in MP3 format. Like SpotiApp, this tool is also free and available online from just about any browser.
- It is free and widely available online.
- The tool is currently unavailable.
6. Musify Spotify to MP3 Downloader (Paid Tool)
The free tools have their shortcomings. Maybe you are wondering if there is a tool that can fit your needs. Musify Music Downloader is one of the most recommendable Spotify music downloaders and converters, It supports download music, playlists, and albums from more than 1000 music sharing websites which including YouTube, Spotify, Facebook, SoundCloud, Instagram, etc without login to your account. It also allows you to convert local media files into common output formats such as MP3, MP4, and WAV.
Price: 1-month plan: $9.95, 1-year plan: $19.95, lifetime plan: $29.95, family plan: $39.95
How to Download Spotify Music in MP3 Format
Step 1: Download and Install Musify onto your computer.
Step 2: Navigate to Spotify, browse your favorite song or playlist, and copy it’s URL.
Step 3: Paste your Spotify URL and the program will start to download Spotify music automatically. The default output format of the downloaded tracks is MP3.
Step 4: Once the download completes, you will find the audio files in the download folder of your computer.
When you already have downloaded some tracks from Spotify, can you use Musify to convert them to MP3? Yes, of course. Follow the below tutorial.
How to Convert Spotify Music to MP3 Format
Step 1. Choose the Convert tab on Musify. Click the Add button to import the local files on your computer.
Step 2: After importing the files, click on the convert button and select the output format in the popup window.
Step 3: Once the downloading completes, all your converted files will be available in the converted tab.