When you discover that perfect track or song on SoundCloud, you will come across the need to download it. However, SoundCloud doesn’t provide a direct option for you to go ahead and download the track into your Mac. That’s where you need to look for an alternative method to download SoundCloud music on Mac.
We will show you 4 different and time-saving ways to download SoundCloud music tracks on your Mac.
|iTubeGo YouTube Downloader||1-month plan: $9.95
1-year plan: $19.95
lifetime plan: $29.95
Family plan: $39.95
|Apowersoft Streaming Audio Recorder||1-month plan: $19.95
1-year plan: $39.95
lifetime plan: $69.95
Family plan: $239.95
|Desktop software||Music duration|
|Spotify™ & Deezer™ Music Downloader||Free||Browser extension||Fail to download|
1. Use iTubeGo Downloader
This is the easiest way to download SoundCloud music as well as playlists. iTubeGo Downloader is a full-featured downloader that can download MP3 music from SoundCloud, and also download HD, 4K videos from streaming websites such as YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo. iTubeGo comes with a built-in MP4, MP3 converter, so you no longer have to worry about format compatibility issues.
- It offers the most competitive price as compared to other similar tools even though its features are steadier and richer when compared to others.
- It has one of the fastest download speeds in the business and the quality of the downloaded files remains the same.
- Aside from SoundCloud, you can also use it to download music from a variety of other music and video sharing sites including YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Vimeo and more.
- It is updated often to ensure it remains useful and effective.
- You have to purchase the program to use it.
- Step 1. Copy your favorite music links on SoundCloud, Open iTubeGo, choose the output format as “MP3” in ⚙.
- Step 2. Click “Paste url” to start the download process. You can paste multiple music URLs at once, iTubeGo supports downloading multiple songs at the same time.
2. Use a Music Recorder
You can use a third-party tool as a Mac SoundCloud Recorder and get the track downloaded into your Mac. That’s where Streaming Audio Recorder will be able to assist you with. This tool is in a position to record streaming audio from a variety of sources, including YouTube, Amazon, Spotify, MixCloud and SoundCloud.
- You can use it to record music from unlimited websites. As long as the audio can be played on the computer, you can use this program to record it.
- It offers a wide array of practical functions that include the transfer of Audio to iTunes, Editing audio, burning audio to CD, sharing and even the creation of collections.
- The output quality will depend on the specifications of the microphone and the sound card on your computer.
- The recording process is completely manual. You have to press a button to start the process and press a button to end the recording.
- Since it doesn’t actually download songs, you may not be able to download playlists or albums.
- Step 1. Click the audio source icon and select the sound option you prefer. Then click the red record button to start the recording.
- Step 2. Click the red pause button and the recorded file will be saved to “Library” automatically.
3. Use an online tool
Sclouddownloader is an online tool that you can use to download music from SoundCloud and save the songs to your computer in MP3 format. Like most other online tools, you can download the song by pasting the URL for the song you want to download in the provided space. Sclouddownloader then very easily converts the song to the MP3 and downloads it to your computer.
- It is completely free to use.
- Since it is an online tool, you don’t have to download or install any software or service on your computer to use it.
- The download process is easy and quick.
- The title of the downloaded music is wrong.
- You have very little choice in the output format or the quality of the video.
- The website can be unstable and fail to load sometimes.
- Step 1. Go to https://sclouddownloader.net/, copy the URL of a SoundCloud track and paste it on the SoundCloud downloader.
- Step 2. After you paste, you will be able to see an option called “Download Track”. Click on this button, and the downloader will start fetching the MP3 file from the source and downloading it.
4. Use a Browser Extension
Spotify™ & Deezer™ Music Downloader is a free Chrome extension which allows you to download tracks from SoundCloud, Spotify and Deezer easily.
- It is completely free to use.
- Since it is a Google Chrome extension, it is very easy to set up.
- It doesn’t download music from SoundCloud; instead, it searches for the song in the many MP3 libraries online to download them. As a result, sometimes, it may fail to find the song, meaning that you won’t be able to download the song. It will also get some information about the song wrong including the album art and even the title.
- You can only use it to download songs one by one; it doesn’t support the download of playlists or multiple songs at once.
- It also changes the title of the downloaded songs such that it can be impossible to know which song is which, particularly if you download too many songs.
- Step 1. Open the link with Google Chrome. Click Add to Chrome and a green icon will appear on the top right corner of your webpage.
- Step 2. Go to SoundCloud website and open the music you want to download. You will find a download button next to the song. PS, a lot of music are missing the download button when we test.