Gaana is the largest Indian commercial music streaming website that was founded back in April 2010. The website hosts nearly 50 million songs. Gaana made a partnership with South Indian Music Composers in 2013 and as a result, it got access to more than 70 music labels, hence creating one of the largest collections of Indo-Pak subcontinental music.
Just like other music websites Soundcloud and Spotify, the songs available on Gaana only can be downloaded to mobile phone. Here is the steps of how to download Gaana songs on Gaana+ APP.
How to Download Songs From Gaana+ APP
Step 1 Get the Gaana+ Subscription
If you want to Gaana music free download, you have to be a Gaana+ subscriber. Downloading is not officially available on the desktop version, and you need to have the Android or iOS version.
Step 2 Search for Any Song/Album/Playlist/Artist from the Gaana Search Bar
Once you have the subscription, open the Gaana+ app, and search for your favorite song or album. Then all the songs that match your query will appear as a list.
Step 3 Download the Song
To download the songs, you can tap on the arrow icon beside the song’s name. It will start to download to your local storage. Besides, if you want to download a playlist or album, tap on the Download button beside the ‘Download album/playlist.
Limitations of Gaana+ APP Downloading
- The main limitation is the download facility not facilitate the desktop version. Users need to have a mobile application to download songs.
- Gaana heavily depends on the subscription process. Users who are within the subscription period can free download Gaana songs and listen to the songs in offline mode. But once you cancel the subscription or get expired, you are no longer able to listen to songs in offline mode. You need to connect with the internet to start listening to them.
- Another major limitation is the DRM protection imposed on the Gaana songs. You can play the songs only on the device that you use to download the songs. If you try to use a different device with the Gaana app, you won’t be able to play the songs downloaded from other devices.
- As mentioned, it is working as a subscription-based application. So it is costly and doesn’t provide a good service if you are not within the subscription period.
The best way is to download the gaana song to the device then you can play it offline anytime and anywhere. Here is the solution:
Musify Music Downloader – The Solution for Gaana MP3 Download
Musify Music Downloader is a cross-platform app that is available for Win and Mac. It can be used to download songs from Gaana and a number of other websites as well.
The Musify can not only convert youtube videos, playlists, channels into mp3 files in one click, but also convert spotify song, artist, album, playlist to mp3/m4a/wav. The all-in-one music downloader allows you to convert local media files in bath to mp3 fast with original quality.
Let’s see what are the features that make Musify a great option for downloading songs from Gaana and other websites.
- Support 1000+ music websites.
- Supports more output format like MP3, M4A, WAV
- Download Gaana Playlists with single command
- Download Lyrics automatically
- Convert music in batches
How to Download Gaana Songs in MP3 Format
The following are the easy steps to download Gaana songs in mp3 format using Musify downloader.
Step 1 Download and Install Musify
Musify is available for both windows as well as Mac OS. You can download the software from the following links.
After you have downloaded the software, run it and the installation wizard will guide you through the installation process which is pretty straight forward and you’ll be good to go in a few minutes.
Step 2 Get the URL of the Song to Download
Once the software is installed on your device, you just need the URL pf the Gaana song you need to download. You can get the URL from the address bar of your browser or from the share option in Gaana website. Copy the URL to proceed.
Step 3 Choose Output Format
Open the Musify software and go to the Preferences section. Under the Download option, you can select the output format and bitrate of the song you are going to download.
Step 4 Enter the URL
Once you have selected the output format of the song, paste the URL you copied from Gaana website by clicking on the Paste URL button on the Musify interface.
Step 5 Download
With all the steps done, you are good to go just hit the Download button and the song from Gaana will be downloaded and saved to your computer in a matter of seconds.
Gaana has an extensive collection of songs from India and Pakistan that you can listen but can’t download to your device. To have full time access to the tracks from Gaana, you can download the sings using Musify which is a tool that makes downloading media from any source all fun and games. The process is simple and quick.